The following paper, written by CNY MPH Student Cathy Sinnott, provides an overview of the impact of physical activity and nutrition needs among school children, and the roles schools and the greater community play in addressing these needs. The document outlines the following:
- Childhood Obesity, Poor Nutrition and Inactivity
- Burden of Childhood Obesity on Public Schools
- School Nutrition Policies and the National School Lunch Act
- Public Health Infrastructure and the National School Lunch Program
- School-Based Obesity Prevention Programs
- School-Family-Community Collaboration
To download the PDF of this paper, please click here.