Our interactive COVID-19 tracker for New York State counties shows daily case and death counts and rates since March 1, 2020. We also included our health risk index and testing data. The dashboard is updated weekly.
Statement on Systemic Racism and Racialized Violence
As a center that aims to improve population health and promote health equity, the Lerner Center is deeply saddened and horrified at the continued preventable loss of black lives. The police murder of George Floyd is the latest manifestation of a long history of systemic racism and violence against black people in the U.S. Racism is an ongoing threat to population health, and it is not possible to achieve health equity without addressing racial injustices and their structural roots. Racism kills both directly and indirectly and is embedded in every U.S. institution. As both scholars and concerned citizens, it is our responsibility to speak out against racism and injustice in all forms. Recognizing that words are not enough, the Lerner Center is also committed to conducting, supporting, and disseminating the findings from research on the causes and consequences of racial health inequities and advocating for solutions to eliminate these inequities. We stand in solidarity with those opposing racism and racialized violence, and we will continue to work toward promoting a healthier and more just society.
Healthy Monday Programs and Events
Population Health Research Brief Series
- COVID-19 Reduced Outpatient Visits by up to 70% in the US
- There are Large Disparities between U.S. States in Cardiovascular Mortality among Adults aged 55 and Older
- Flooding Negatively Affects Health and Rural America is Not Immune
- The U.S. Rural Mortality Penalty is Wide and Growing
- Physical Health Impacts of Grandparenting Children with Disabilities
- Child Injuries and the Timing of SNAP Benefits Receipt
- COVID-19 Trends Among Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Living in Residential Group Homes in New York State through July 10, 2020
- Rural COVID-19 Mortality Rates are Highest in Counties with the Largest Percentages of Blacks and Hispanics
- Many Older Americans Do Not Receive the Recommended Home Health Care After Hospitalization
- Does Proximity to Fast Food Increase the Incidence of Childhood Obesity?