DeStress Monday highlights Monday as a day to start fresh mentally and emotionally. DeStress Monday supports a positive perspective for the week by offering evidence based tools like mindfulness practices, breathing exercises, meditations, and kindness and gratitude activities.
Here is more information on mindfulness, meditation, and all it’s benefits.
DeStress for Success
DeStress for Success is a five week workshop series on wellbeing. Students learn simple, practical, and fun ways to navigate all the stressors of life, like class, social life, and the circumstances brought on by the pandemic. Together we’ll explore ways to increase resilience, cultivate mindfulness and calm, strengthen friendships, grow your strengths, and form healthy habits through positive psychology based practices and DeStress Monday tips. DeStress for Success is open to all SU and ESF students.
Those who attend all five DeStress for Success sessions will earn the Healthy Monday Certificate.
Bring DeStress for Success to your Campus!
DeStress for Success grew its roots at Syracuse University, but we’re thrilled to share it’s expanded to several other universities throughout New York State! If you’re interested in implementing this program at your university, please email Kate Funck.
DeStress Monday tips and tools can be adapted for various audiences. View our DeStress Monday resources below:
- DeStress Monday for Adolescents with Low Mental Health
- DeStress Monday for Children with Developmental Disabilities
- DeStress Monday Super Organizer for Middle Schoolers
- Free guided meditation from UCLA Health offers several meditations of varying lengths and topics in both English and Spanish.
- The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society offers several brief meditations (5-10 minutes) that you can download for free.
- Meditation in Motion is a brief video created by SU students and faculty.